Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The Powell is my pal.

Confession: I have been a fan of Worlds Away for quite a while.  LOOOONNG before I started working here. And yes, it was a dream come true when I was hired I to work here!

Back during my "fan" stage, the one I lived in before being in the "fan/employee" stage I'm currently floating in...One of my very first Worlds Away purchases was the Powell.


Powell 36
photo: HDW

Kids, let me tell you...if you don't have one of these you are really missing out because this guy is a show stopper.  End of story. You've probably been saying to yourself..."Oh I just don't have a place to put it..." or something like that to try to talk yourself out of buying one.  Well, this is a piece you find a place to put it.  You make room, you scoot other things out of the way. You hire two guys and a truck to move stuff out, you post other things on Craigslist. This guy does not disappoint! I mean...come on! Talk about tall drink of water!

This piece can be cast in so many roles.  Entry way, breakfast room, put two of them together with a rectangle piece of glass for a dining table or desk. I'm currently using it in my sunroom. The list of options for this flexible piece is endless. As is the list of chair styles you can put around it!

Powell 36


Do you know what's better than Powell 36?
Well maybe not better, but surely just as good...
The Powell 36's little sister!


Powell CF 36



While reading other design blogs this week, I discovered that the
Worlds Away Powell is growing a fan base (no pun intended).
Our friend over at THE GLAM LAMB loves the Powell too!
Check her out and tell her we said hello!




No comments:

Post a Comment